don’t let tumblr make you believe that
- krusty krab is unfair
- mr krabs is in there
- standing at the concession
- plotting his oppression
Jessica Rey presents the history of the evolution of the swimsuit including the origins of its design, how it has changed overtime and the post-feminist association of the bikini symbolizing female empowerment. She refers to neuro-scientific studies revealing how male brains react to images of scantily clad women versus images of women deemed modest and what the implications of the results are for women in society.
(Note: As the OP, I disagree with Rey’s approach to putting the onus on women to alter ourselves rather than to alter the male perception of women – brain wiring has plenty to do with socialization and if we worked against the culture that fuels men’s objectification of women, women’s clothing choices would matter far less in terms of how men perceive us and determine how to interact with us).
Little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- Turn the lights on and open a window
- Eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- Find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- Take a long, relaxing bath
- Do yourself up in full make up and hair
- Be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- Watch something funny on netflix
- Wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- Immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- Lose yourself in a really good book or movie
The NYPD tried to start a hashtag outpouring of positive memories with their police force.
If this were ever a bad idea, it was probably the worst idea for arguably the most corrupt police force in America.
Nobody ever seems to think these through.
Karma’s a real motherfucker, isn’t it?